Florida homeowners have plenty of options in window treatments. From shutters to blinds to shades, curtains, or draperies, they are spoiled for choices. Yet, interior design experts are pointing to some trends in window treatments that can make it big this year.
- Roman and Roller shades – Design experts give simplicity and clean lines a thumbs up for 2020. Roller and solar shades have seen increasing popularity over the years and this trend will continue. They are available in variety of colors and textures. Roman shades near Orlando fit perfect for the modern interiors. They keep the privacy but also let the light in. Woven wood shades are gaining popularity. Pairing shades with curtain is also one trend making news.
- Shutters and blinds – Timeless and elegant – shutters make a style statement. They are easy to operate and available in options like light control, moisture resistant etc. apart from wood and faux wood shutters. Alu core poly shutters offer super energy efficiency with insulating factors upto R-value 6.0. Gator Shutters offer quality shutters, blinds and other window treatments shop for standard and customized window solutions.
Blinds are also available in variety of fabric and styles. Faux wood blinds Orlando look like real wood and you can install them in high moisture areas like kitchen, laundry rooms and bathrooms.
- Neutral tones – Like minimalistic in fabric, designers suggest choosing neutral tones, they feel clean and contemporary. You need not change them when you change the color scheme of your homes. Instead choose neutral tones, they never go out of fashion. Vibrant colors, floral designs are out, clean simple designs are in.
- Sheer fabrics – Sheer on sheer – Homeowners in Florida like the minimalistic look when they choose the window treatments. So elaborate valances and heavy drapery may go off the shelves. Drapes will continue but the thick layered drapes with sheer will be a big no-no. Instead, designers prefer sheer on sheer. This way they keep the look light and get the privacy.
- Hardware and Technology– Metal hardware will be popular as they add a clean streamlined look to the window treatments. Technology even when you open and close your windows is a big reality. Smart homes, automation and motorization have been popular last year and this will continue for long with new innovations surely coming in.