Installing an alarm system at home is undoubtedly a big investment. It does come packaged with a long list of hassles like installation complexities, arming and disarming the alarm(s), paying the monthly fees, dealing with false alarms, etc.
But in a time when the U.S.A. is experiencing at least one burglary every twenty-three seconds (on average), installing an alarm system in your home has almost become a complete necessity. It is always the right call to take since it can keep you, your family, and your valuables safer.
You definitely have to take a number of factors into account when it comes to installing alarm systems, and here are a few that can help you make that decision –
- Burglaries/Break-ins are Negated – Burglaries have become an uncomfortably common occurrence in the U.S.A., to the extent that Americans witness at least one burglary every 23 seconds, on average. Moreover, it’s not that criminals are only targeting a few posh designer homes. They are going after all types of targets, including the elderly and apartment owners. This is a very real-life problem that that installing an alarm system in your home can help prevent.
- Houses Left Empty – Having an alarm system installed in your home means that even when your house is completely empty, it is not left unprotected. Technology has advanced so far that the latest alarm system notifies the homeowner via message or app, etc., even if there is any movement on the premises of your home. In case there is a monitoring company involved, they will check up on your home using the CCTV service(s) included within the alarm system and contact 911 if the need be. It means you can go on your long business tours or your extended vacations and never have to worry about the security of your home.
- Increase in Home Value – This is a huge advantage of installing an alarm system in your home. The main reason behind this is that once you install it, you are saving the cost(s) of purchasing the alarm system equipment and installing the whole system for any probable next buyer. On top of that, with alarm systems being popular, buyers are always willing to pay extra to buy a home with an alarm system installed. Keeping the increase in market value aside, the home’s functionality takes a huge boost when installing an alarm system with automation features. The home then offers an extra sense of security, safety, and, thus, peace of mind.
- Homeowner’s Insurance – In a lot of states in the U.S.A., insurance companies prefer that you install an alarm system before giving you an insurance policy. You will always be able to get a far better insurance policy if you have an alarm system installed, instead of if you don’t. It directly stems from the fact that when you install an alarm system, your home is statistically at far less risk of experiencing break-ins and burglaries. In a majority of the cases, you qualify for a deduction in your homeowner’s insurance premiums, which can save you up to 20%.
- Safety for Seniors – This is a factor that is often overlooked when it comes to the topic of alarm installation. Criminals often target seniors due to their physical inabilities cropping up with old age. Moreover, alarm systems now come with several hazard protection features like “Fire-Protection” Devices, Carbon Monoxide Alarms, and others. They can also be fitted with flood sensors that activate an automatic shutoff valve installed on your waterline. These can be invaluable when it comes to keeping your senior family members safer.
The sense of security and the comfort and functionality you enjoy after installing an alarm system is arguably invaluable. Apart from helping to protect your home, you can lead a lot healthier, productive, and more focused lifestyle.
The system allows you the freedom of not having to worry about home security and turns your attention to other things that are more important to you. Explore all of your available options and install the best alarm system that fits your budget, lifestyle and security goals.