As the weather begins to get warmer, so does the desire to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine. Where better to do this than in the comfort of one’s own back garden? No matter how much space there is to work with, whether it’s a little patio or a country garden, there are always ways to upgrade your enjoyment of the space.
Invest in Some Blooms
One of the best places to start any garden renovation is by adding plants since they are both an effective and budget-friendly option. To make sure the best plants are being chosen for the environment, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- What is the climate like? For example, those living in very hot, dry areas, with a busy lifestyle, they might prefer to purchase succulents which do not require much water.
- What time of year will they bloom? Choosing plants that bloom at slightly different times of year will ensure that there are always flowers in the garden.
- Make sure the plants work with the chosen color palette
- Pick pretty pots. For those who don’t have access to lawns, a pretty planter is a great way of bringing flowers into the space
Plant some herbs
Whichever individual plants you choose for your herb garden will depend on your preferred cooking style, but whatever is chosen will bring fragrant and delicious benefits both inside and outside the home.
Get Some Shade
Adding a patio umbrella or a canopy can make an outdoor space more usable. Not only will it ensure that there is a place to retreat to when the sunshine gets to its most powerful, but it will also enable people to work outside on their laptops too.
Feed the Birds
Installing a few bird feeders can help to make an outdoor space feel a little more special.
Crawlers and Hanging Plants
Installing some crawling plants, such as ivy, roses, or wisteria, can extend the garden vertically, giving the illusion of more space. Alternatively, installing hanging baskets will give a similar result, and since it is easy to create macrame hangings at home, this option can also be very cost-effective.
Have a Cleanup
This could involve power hosing the patio, scrubbing down the stonework, or if you’re lucky enough to have a pool, employing a pool company to make your pool shine. Since outdoor spaces are prone to a build-up of dirt and grime, simply making sure everything is spick and span can transform the whole environment.
Make it Evening-Accessible
Adding some solar-powered lights, or stringing fairy lights from the trees will help make a garden more usable for the evening, as well as ensuring that it is wonderfully atmospheric.
Update Outdoor Furniture
Renovating outdoor furniture can be a great alternative to purchasing new items. The type of restoration will depend on the look and condition of the piece in question. Some examples of how this can be done include:
- Applying a new vanish on wooden pieces which have dried out a little often benefit from the protective seal.
- A new coat of paint: items that have been dulled by too much sunlight can be given new life with a new coat of paint. For those who really want a little something extra, try a bold statement color.
- Adding blankets and pillows will add more textures to the environment and create a cozy atmosphere