Are you looking for DIY redecoration ideas that don’t require much time and money? There are so many ideas out there. But we have gathered the simplest ones. They are so easy, so that anyone can implement them in their homes. Even beginners that haven’t had previous experience in DIY-ing can do it. So, let’s get started!
Painting skirting boards
If the paint is chipped and the skirting boards look old, it is time to repaint them. This simple project will instantly change the overall look.
The painting skirting boards cost consist of two categories: material cost and labor cost. Keep in mind that the labor cost takes a bigger part of the overall cost of this project. Painting the skirting boards is a delicate job and requires time and patience. This is the reason why you might get quoted higher prices than you expected.
If you decide to do this project by yourself, there are a few tips that you should have in mind:
- When you remove the old layer of paint, you should sand the skirting boards. This will remove any imperfections and prepare the material for the new layer of paint.
- Protect the gap between the floor and the skirting board. You can use tape or just slide a piece of paper as you paint.
- Regarding the color choice, you have a few options. Go for the same color as the walls for a uniformed look. Or, you can use a color that is a few tones darker than the walls. This will make the home feel more spacious. You can also play with a contrasting color if the area lacks details.
Create a gallery wall
If you would like to add personality to your home, think of creating a gallery wall. This is an excellent way to make a statement, display your favorite photos, or add a pop of color.
The following tips will help you create a gallery wall like a pro:
- Measure the wall before you start. This way, you will know how many frames will you need.
- Pick your color scheme. Make sure that each piece is within the selected color scheme. This way, you will achieve a cohesive look.
- You don’t have to own expensive artwork for this project. You can get some cheap wall prints, or even make them by yourself. Look for free printables to download and buy some cool frames.
- Use the same frames for a uniform look. Or, choose different frames within the same style.
- Begin with one large piece. Continue to build around this piece. Place all of them on the floor to see how it will look.
Change the hardware
Door knobs and cabinet pulls experience wear and tear over time and they will begin look old and scratched. While you might think that they might remain unnoticed, keep in mind that these important details make a difference. You can repaint the knobs with spray paint, or simply install new ones. The process is quite easy and won’t cost you a lot.