As we come out of a long, cold winter, we begin to tidy our gardens and tend to our lawns. All in readiness to enjoy a summer spent outdoors. Creating the perfect space to relax in the warm weather and long evenings is integral to any great summer.
How To Choose Your Outdoor furniture
When choosing the right outdoor online wicker furniture for your backyard, there are some important things to consider. Make sure you look beyond colour and style, so that you get the most from your purchase.
- Heavy furniture that is difficult to move should be avoided. Lightweight furniture that can be rearranged for backyard events or cleaning is ideal.
- It goes without saying that you need to be able to sit comfortably on your outdoor furniture. Hard metals that can heat up in the sun may mean you aren’t always able to use the setting.
- It’s a good idea to choose furniture that can store its own cushions, either under the seating or in a matching table.
- Low Maintenance. Don’t spend your summers having to clean and upkeep the furniture more than using it. Anything you can wipe down and hose off is a plus.
- Choose furniture that can be used for a dual purpose. Ottomans that double up as extra seating can come in handy at larger gatherings.
- Synthetic wicker, timber, metal, polystester, rattan wicker and more. There is a huge range to choose from. Consider the environmental impact of your choice as well as its durability when choosing.
- Consider your outdoor furniture as an investment. Spending well at the outset means you are more likely to have a quality product that will last you many years.
What Is Wicker?
Wicker is the name of a technique whereby any flexible planty materials are woven into usable items. This can be furniture, baskets, tables and even coffins. Usually wicker items are made from willow, rattan, reed or bamboo. Due to its natural origins, wicker is incredibly eco-friendly. At the end of its life, it can be safely burned or left to biodegrade.
Worried that traditional wicker won’t survive a damp climate? Want the same great look? Consider synthetic wicker. This product gives you the same great look of wicker, with even less maintenance. It is ideal for particularly wet or damp locations – such as by a pool.
Why Choose Wicker Furniture?
Wicker furniture is one of the most stylish, versatile and long-lasting outdoor furniture options you can choose. Wicker outdoor furniture is perennially popular, this is in part due to its light, airy and organic appearance. Paired with thick, comfortable cushions, it’s the perfect addition to your backyard for summer.
Wicker is incredibly durable and lasts for years – often for longer than wood or fabric furniture. Easily hosed off and dried in the sun, it looks great year on year with little maintenance. If the natural, neutral colour of wicker doesn’t appeal, it is easily painted – meaning you can change it to suit your preferred summer vibe. Outdoor wicker furniture is the perfect addition to any backyard.