Lining up cabinets was not my thing. It kind of felt like too much work to me. But recently my mother forced me to buy some and turned out its pretty helpful. Cabinet liners are pretty famous these days as they can makeyour cabinets look attractive and also helps you keep stuff in your convenient places.Well, I’m describing some reasons to let you guys know the details.
Moister protection: Using shelf inners will help you to save up your cabinets from moister. It also protects your cabinets from water and oil stains. If your floor is in a good shape the liners will help to keep it that way.
Scratch Repellent: Scratches will become a rare issue if you use decorative shelf liners. Many heavy pots, pans might end up giving scratches inside our cabinets but if you use a shelf liner that will keep your cabinets protected from inside.
Covering up possible ick: There will be always some stickiness and stains on your cabinet no matter how much you scrub and spray. Basically, if you replace the shelf it’s going to cost you money which is definitely not worth it. So, setting up a liner would be the wisest decision.
Reduction of noise: If you don’t like the rattling noise of stuff inside your cabinet shelf liners are always there for you to serve their duty. The liners will dampen the noise and keep you free from the irritation.
Keeping drawer organizers in place: A shelf liner will help a drawer organizer to stay in place. It actually helps the organizers to fit perfectly.
Gives a touch of color and style: Shelf liners come in different styles and designs which will make your cabinets look very unique and nice. Mix up decorative shelf liners with diverse colors and styles to add an extra bit of fun. This will create an extra pop style in your house.
A place for small items: I pretty likely lose small items very often and after getting the shelf liner the small products get broken pretty rarely now. Shelf liners help small items to stay put in its place which increases their durability.
Tips on getting the best cabinet liners out there:
- Firstly, you need to measure up the surface that you want to line up with the liners.
- Then, you need to design up cabinet liners in that size and order liners in the custom way or you can go through shops and find the perfect fit for your cabinet.
- If you are thinking of buying readymade liners, then you must think of your budget and purpose. According to that, you must buy your liners. Your options, however, will be jiggling through the standard “peel and stick” type, the non-adhesive type, the lightly adhesive type or the deeply ribbed type amongst others.
- You can also buy a huge liner and cut it according to your surface size before that you better mark the dimensions and cutting size.
- Fit up your shelves and drawers with the liners!
- Do think about the durability fact while purchasing cabinet liners as it’s going to be a hard job replacing it. And you might not even find the same design the second time. So, if you somehow ruin one-liner that is going to make your collection imperfect.
Bonus tips on making the most out of your shelf liners:
Keep it from slipping: Use up a little blob of reusable mounting putty on the corners to prevent the liners from slipping. Keeping the liners in place is pretty important as if it slips of the products will too. That will create a big mess!
Skip the sticky stuff and just let it be: The adhesive or the gooey stuff itself is not supposed to damage your shelves, but the practice of trying to scrape it off might. There no point in scraping the protective layer and making it cause dings and scratches.
Clean your cabinets: Cleaning up is not fun, yeah we all know but you still need to do this activity as this will keep your liners fit and clean. And of course, it is a must to clean your cabinets at least once a year.
Other elements that can be used: You can also use corks, cedars, felt and rubber on your cabinet liners to make them better.
Well even though I did not want to buy liners for my cabinets, I am grateful to my mother for making me buy them. The same might happen to other girls out there. Trust me buddy never say no to cabinet lines.
Choose up the right liner for your cabinets and you will never regret taking out a few minutes for buying them. Have a tension free life and say goodbye to grease, food spills, and moisture. Cheers!