Halloween is one of the most celebrated holidays of the year. And speaking of celebrations, an outdoor party is much more fun than an indoor one. Don’t worry, you can pull off a spooky and exciting Halloween party on your own. In this guide, get some spooky ideas for your upcoming Halloween party and some DIY decorating tips that are cheap, unique, and beautiful.
Decide the theme of your party
Start off with choosing a theme for your party. Here are some really cool Halloween party themes to try this year:
- Halloween Scavenger Hunt Party – sure, the scavenger hunt is a popular theme for Easter. But it makes a fun and spooky theme for Halloween too! Turn your lawn into a creepy cemetery by putting up DIY gravestones (made of cartons or wood). Don’t forget to burry an assortment of wrapped, store-bought candies and other sweet treats!
- Halloween Movie Night – if you choose to celebrate indoors, this theme is perfect. Make sure to prepare your list of the scariest horror movies. It calls for simple decorations, such as paper bats, flowers arranged with darker colors in black vases, skeleton decanters, faux pumpkins, and wooden bowls.
- Glow-in-the-Dark Party – by simply adding glowing items in your party, you can turn your Halloween into a spooky, fun evening.
- Haunted House Party – this theme never runs out of style. You can turn your home into a creepy haunted house with an inexpensive fog machine, some eerie decors, and of course – a spooky sign that warns your guests.
Choose the right materials and items
The materials you need will depend on the theme you choose. That is why it is important to decide on your Halloween theme before heading to the crafts store to buy decoration pieces. For a really fun and spooky ambiance, there are some items you should not do without. They include pumpkins, fog machines, and inflatable air dancers which you can even customize to match the theme of your party. Sky dancers not only make wonderful props for private parties. They also make an eye-catching décor for company Halloween events.
Make DIY decorations
You can save a lot of money if you will make your own Halloween decorations. Here are some easy decoration ideas that you can try:
- Turn your Perrier bottles (any bottles will do) into glass ghosts by spraying them with white paint and drawing faces using a black marker.
- Make vampire napkin rings by splashing white cloth napkins with red Kool-Aid.
- Halloween is incomplete without some ghostly lanterns. Draw spooky faces on clean gallon milk jugs, and fill them with white holiday lights. These fun lanterns make a great decoration for your porch or walkway.
- Another easy DIY decoration is a wreath with felt ghosts and a black bow.
- What’s Halloween without Fake cobwebs? You only need some cotton balls to get started. Simply hold a cotton ball in your hand and pull its fibers apart. You can place fake cobwebs on your walls, chandelier, furniture, and everything else.
Once you have everything ready, it’s time for the fun part – decorating!
You want to fill your home with spooky decorations. But make sure to spare some pieces for your front yard. Show your neighborhood that you’re ready for Halloween by placing some frightening stuff like hanging ghouls, fake zombies, pumpkin lanterns, and inflatable dancers.
As soon as your guests come in, you want to ‘wow’ and scare them with more spooky decorations, such as fake cobwebs, candles, ghostly shots, and so much more.
Lastly, set up your spooky treat table. Halloween celebrations are incomplete without all things sweet. Be sure to have enough candies for every kid who will knock on your door.
Let the celebration begin!
Halloween is one of the most anticipated holiday celebrations of the year. You want to match your spooky decorations by wearing your best Halloween costume. Aside from eating and having fun with your family and friends, another fun activity would be telling tales of witches and ghosts.
Halloween is a great opportunity to spend a wonderful time with your family. To make your celebration fun and unforgettable, you want to spend time and effort putting up some nice decorations. Halloween decorations are easy to make. In fact, you can make the spookiest decorations all by yourself. Start by choosing a theme. Then, gather the materials and items you need. You will also need tools like a fog machine for a spookier ambiance. Next, start making your decorations.
Involve the whole family, especially the kids. It’s going to be fun! Be sure to have enough decorations for your home interior and outdoor area. An inexpensive way to decorate your home would be by placing fake cobwebs made from cotton balls. Place them on your furniture, light fixtures, and everywhere else.
Once everything is ready, it’s time to party!