Hosting a big party and in need of a major house cleaning? Getting a little help from maid-cleaning services would be extremely beneficial, as it saves you a lot of time and trouble, especially when you have other things to deal with and look into.
With COVID-19 concerns, it’s more essential than ever to keep your home free of any harmful bacteria and germs before and after the party. When you hire a maid from a reputable cleaning company such as https://easywaymaids.com, they usually come with a list of things they will do for general cleaning. These checklists are given to the customers to ensure expectations are met on both sides.
However, getting the house ready for a party usually entails a different set of tasks – tasks that are different from the ones you’d see in a general cleaning checklist.
Here’s a checklist to help guide you for pre and post-party cleaning tasks:
External Areas of the House
- Sweep and clean dirt, debris, and dry leaves from the front porch.
- Tidy and clean up front lawn – mow grass, trim hedges, and pull weeds.
- Wipe and clean the front windows.
Preparing the Guest Bedroom and Bathroom
- Replenish toiletries in the guest bathroom.
- Replenish all dispensers.
- Clean toilet, sink, and shower.
- Wipe off mirrors.
- Refresh hand towels.
- Prepare a fresh roll of paper towels.
- Place extra toilet paper in a visible, easily-accessible spot.
- Place clean bath mats.
Setting Up the House for a Party
- Mop and vacuum the floor.
- Cleaning, vacuuming carpets
- Keep away or move fragile or irreplaceable items away from the party zone.
- Rearrange furniture to provide more floor space for party guests.
- Lock/close door to any out-of-bounds room.
- Light scented candles/spray air freshener/add natural flowers for scent.
- Place trash and recycling bins where they are easily accessible to guests.
The above are just some things to get your maid-cleaning service to help you prepare for your party. Once the party is over, there’s a whole other set of cleaning to do, and as the party host, hiring the very same agency to help you clean up after the party will help immensely, especially when you’re probably feeling tired.
Here’s a checklist to help you sort out your post-party cleaning.
Same-day cleaning is doable only if the party is done during the day, and you want your cleaning service to do what needs to be done before the day is over. Remember that not all cleaning services provide services 24 hours, so this is something you need to check with them if cleaning right after the party at night is possible.
- Dispose of empty plasticware, and separate these into the appropriate recycling bins.
- Pick up trash, fill garbage bags, and put them out for removal.
- Fill the dishwasher. Soak pans or dishes, if needed, in the sink.
- Use disinfectant on the toilet seat, toilet handle, and faucets.
- Spray and disinfect table surfaces, doorknobs, chair handles, and mirrors, and wipe off the light switches.
- Remove decorations, store what you need, and dispose of what you don’t need.
- Wash, clean, and wipe any dirty dishes, glasses, serving utensils, and tableware.
- Clean pots and pans left to soak the night before.
- Clean and hose down the patio to get rid of debris or sticky messes.
- Reinstate furniture items and other objects you removed to make space for guests.
- Clean guestrooms and guest bathroom. Disinfect and wash all towels and serviettes.