Nothing in this world creates anxiety as moving creates. OCD effects when you think of relocation, it pushes you back, slow things down and creates chaos. Moving out of any apartment house or city is chaotic and change. We all are resistant to change. We are afraid of it, we keep thinking what is in it for us? Moving is all about a new place, new locality, new neighbours, tiring physical work and making decisions based on moment to moment.
When you are going through a life changing stage, it is the disruption that causes uncertainty and it leads to anxiety. Here we will talk about how we can deal with relocation nervousness. How to stay calm and make moving easy? Even before relocation there are lot other factors associated with it. Such as decluttering the house, removing junks and unused items or furniture, selecting thing which will accompany while shifting, moving cost calculator, packing of things and many more.
First thing that you can do to handle your stress is make a list of all the things you need to pack and do, checking off the things that are done and not leaving everything for the last moment.
Next can be housing, the reason for your anxiety. Therefore finalizing a house can be hectic. Talking to agents, family, friends and relatives for better suggestion can confuse you and increase your stress. Therefore make a list of places and all the benefits or positive things available around that place. It will help you to reduce your constant worry and will help you to adjust to the change that is coming.
Relationships and expectations can be another factor for your tension and depression. To keep your relationship even after moving or ending it while shifting is totally up to you. But you will have to be very careful. Drifting apart from a friend who is equal to soul mate can bring negative effects on your life. So sort it out and get it clear on your mind whether you want to keep the relation or end it.
There are other ways to which can help you to deal with your worry:
- Exercise: It is beneficial for everyone mainly for people who are going through stress or nervousness. Cardiovascular workout stimulates cells of the brain and foster growth of nerve cells. It also releases endorphins and ANF hormone due to raised heart rate and helps the brain to control worries.
- Breathe: When you have a panic attack try to take deep breathe and cool your mind. Our body can work magical; breathing can help body release 70 percent of toxins and help you to keep calm. So when you do not breathe from your diaphragm you build up toxins which contribute to stress, anxiety and illness. Therefore make sure to breathe so keep you at bay from any mental issues.
- Go from no to know which means stop thinking anything negative about shifting. We come across different thoughts like:
- How will be the place?
- Who will be our neighbor?
- How to transfer all the things without any hassle?
- What will be the cost of moving?
- Will it be affordable for us?
These are couple of questions. We come across many more questions than we can think of. Therefore try to know all the answers to the questions; it will help you to take a decision in cool and calm mind.
So whether you are stressed out like hell or not you can follow the above points to stay quiet and do all the work in a systematic manner.